Our vision and values
Our vision is simple: enabling all people within North West Surrey to enjoy the best possible health.
Our challenge is achieving this vision against a backdrop of tightening budgets and the expanding health needs of local people.
We'll achieve this by clinical leaders and managers working together with GP member practices and local people to decide how the health budget is spent.
- Consider the needs of patients and local people
- Decide how and where to invest to deliver the right services and treatment
- Lead the local health economy to ensure health and other care providers work together to deliver safe, seamless, high quality services to patients.
We believe people should:
- be supported to improve their own health and wellbeing
- receive the best possible healthcare
- be able to choose where they die at the end of life
We believe the health and care system should:
- focus on keeping people as healthy and independent as possible in their own homes
- deliver as much as possible in the community or primary care setting
- be made up of organisations working together for patients
- be proactive rather than simply reactive in managing the health needs of the population it serves.
Our vision is supported by our values, which guide everything we do:
- Collaboration - We value the relationships we have with colleagues, patients,
providers and stakeholders - collaborating effectively and understanding
what each of us contributes to help achieve success
- Achievement - We focus on our goals, doing what is required, learning from each other and seeing things through
- Respect - We lead by example, treating individuals how they would like to be treated, welcoming feedback and encouraging others to uphold our values
- Excellence - We do all we can to be the best we can be, to become a high-performing organisation that focuses on quality and continuous improvement