We're a group of clinicians and managers responsible for commissioning, or ‘buying’, healthcare services for around 360,000 people in North West Surrey across the boroughs of Elmbridge (West), Runnymede, Spelthorne and Woking.
We work with patients and health and social care providers, such as local hospitals, borough councils and community groups, to plan what services are needed and make sure they meet the health needs of local people. We then commission, or ‘buy’, these services from organisations that provide them.
We look after:
- most planned hospital care (where you’re referred by your GP)
- rehabilitative care
- urgent and emergency care (including the Out-of-Hours GP service)
- community health services
- mental health and learning disabilities services.
We also closely monitor these services to ensure they are up to the required standards for quality and safety, and ultimately that they are delivering the best health outcomes to local people.
With clinical leaders and managers working in partnership, we aim to empower member practices, GPs and residents to determine how spending on health is decided by jointly:
- considering the needs of patients and the local population
- deciding on how and where to invest to ensure effective services and treatments
- leading the local health economy to ensure health and other care providers work effectively together to deliver safe, seamless, high quality services in the best interests of patients.
We're keen to hear from you. Please have a look around our website, read about who we are, what we do and how you can get in touch with us.